Your privacy is of the highest importance to us at Take good Care. In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
This policy is effective and updated as of 23rd August 2020.
We have set out below why we need to collect data from you and the type of data we hold about you.
1.When do we collect your data?
We collect your personal information when you visit our website, purchase something from us, contact us, subscribe to our mailing list, enter competitions, contact us via social media and review products and services. We only use your data for this specific reason. We do not share your information with anybody else, unless required to do so by law.
2. What data do we collect?
3. How & why, we use your information
We only use your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protections Regulations and are committed to protecting your privacy. We never share your personal data with any third party, nor do they have access to this information, unless requested to do so by law.
We may use your data in several ways:
- To provide you with the products and services you have purchased from us so we can fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- In order for your purchase to be delivered, we will share your name and address details with our courier company.
- To arrange collection with you if you selected free collection at the checkout.
- To manage any questions related to your purchase in the event of any queries.
- To contact you regarding any surveys or feedback which helps us improve our service to you.
- To contact you with marketing information via email about our content, products and services.
- Marketing emails will only be sent if you have consented to join our mailing list. You may opt out of this at any time, and you have the right at any time for us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
- Our newsletter will contain a link to unsubscribe.
- To contact you about information such as updates required by law, important product warranty or recall information.
4. Your rights
You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used and to access the personal information we hold about you. We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘PRIVACY’ and we will be happy to help. We will respond within 30 days of your request in line with the GDPR.
5. How we protect your data
Our website is secured by “https” technology, and we do not store any card details. These details are all held and processed by third party providers PayPal. Refer also to point 3.
6. How do we keep your data
We will keep your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services you have requested to you, or for as long as is necessary to provide additional support. If necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
7. Do we share your data
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party, however, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
Companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
If for any reason you feel we have mis-handled your data or are unhappy with any of our responses to your requests, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact them via their website: www.ico.org.uk/concerns
What Cookies We Use
The list below shows the types of cookies used by this website, together with information on their purpose, duration and management (proprietary and by third parties) of each one of them. There are four main types of cookies:
- Site functionality cookies: They allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart”.
- Site analytics cookies: They allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies: When you are browsing or shopping on our website, these cookies will remember your details or preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: They are used to deliver ads relevant to you.
They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
What Cookies We Do Not Use
We do not store sensitive personal information, such as your name and address, in the cookies we use.
Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies from our website is used exclusively by us, except for those identified below as “third-party cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide services requested by us to improve our services and the experience of the user when browsing our website. The main services for which these “third-party cookies” are used are to obtain access statistics and to guarantee the payment transactions that are carried out.
How can I avoid using Cookies on this website?
We may from time to time offer surveys, contests, competitions, or other promotions on our website or through social media (collectively “competitions”). Participation is voluntary. Information requested for entry will be used to administer the competitions. We will only use the information you submit to the competition to send you marketing communications if you explicitly consent to this.
11. Other websites
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com or by Post to Take Good Care Ltd, Unit 46c Newhaven Enterprise Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, BN9 9BA.